Location: Burbank Area Code: 818 Telecommute: No Travel Required: None Pay Rate: Up to $150K/yr.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the Software Architect is responsible for the architecture, design and implementation of complex software applications. The architect will also play a role in setting the technical direction for the overall application architecture as well as mentoring the internal team.
- Lead and mentor a development team
- Some Design & Architecture experience, including Scaling and Caching concepts for Enterprise Systems
- Trouble shooting and performance tuning experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Develop and analyze the design and architecture of complex software application systems.
- Provide architectural and implementation oversight and guidance to ensure consistency and quality of design and code.
- Analyze and document existing systems, review preexisting complex code and provide recommendations to improve performance & maintainability.
- Ability to communicate technical issues and concepts clearly, both orally and in writing
- Write test and debug complex problems in various modules of the various software application
- Code reviews
- Manage test and acceptance activities
- Direct contribution to development and test efforts
- Manage and support system deployment
- Design and build reusable modules to be used throughout our applications
- Collaborate with senior developers to design and create the next generation of our software, services, and systems architecture.
- Write application code using latest C# and ASP.NET framework
- Assist in building database structure for SQL Server to meet software data storage needs
- Understand cloud engineering, data streaming, high availability systems, high performance computing and grid computing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Very good communication skills, self-motivated, “go getter” kind of person required
- 10+ years of professional web development experience using C#, .NET, ASP.NET 3.5 – 4.0, MVC, and WCF
- 10+ years design and development experience of enterprise applications using common development and execution platforms (e.g. J2EE, .Net)
- 7+ years of professional experience with SQL Server 2008 and Transact-SQL. Solid understanding of stored procedures, triggers, database design and relational design
- Experience with time sensitive & highly optimized REST API & Windows Services
- Understanding of XML/Web services
- Knowledge in technological approach as well as in product feature
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with agile software development (specifically Scrum)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)